Serving the Seniors of Carbon County
The focus of the Carbon County Senior Services is on the social and nutritional needs of our seniors to help them stay active and independent.
Carbon County Senior Centers offer a wide variety of activities and serves as a meeting center for older adults to connect with peers, families and their community. Our centers feature exciting activities to keep seniors active as well as provide fulfilling volunteer opportunities.
Newsletter and Menu
What does it cost to eat at the center?
- There is no charge for seniors to eat at the center; but it is suggested, if able, to make a $3.00 donation toward the cost of the meal. Under 60 years of age the cost is $7.00 per meal
If I am disabled or low income can I eat at the center for the suggested donation?
- Senior center participation is based solely on age. You must be at least 60 years of age or be a guest of a senior to participate. If you are under the age of 60 you must pay $7.00 for a meal.
If I am under the age of 60 years can I still participate in activities such as exercise classes, painting, ceramics, billiards etc.?
- You may participate in activities IF you are sponsored by a participating senior (that means your sponsor must be present with you).
I am 60 years of age but my spouse is only 59 do I have to pay full price for my spouse?
- No, your spouse may eat for the suggested donation.
Can I purchase a meal to take home to my spouse?
- No, you must be present at the center to receive a meal.
Do you provide containers to take home leftovers?
- No, you must bring your own container from home for leftovers.
How old do you have to be to get meals on wheels?
- You must be 60 years of age AND meet state guidelines to receive mobile meals.
How do you qualify for mobile meals?
- A person must be 60 years of age or older to qualify as well as complete an in home standardized assessment given by an employee of the senior center. The assessment is a series of questions about the clients nutrition, mobility and assistance needs. This assessment determines if a person qualifies for home delivered meals.
How much does a mobile meal cost?
- There is no charge to receive mobile meals; but it is suggested, if able, to make a $3.00 donation toward the cost of the meal. Any donation is greatly appreciated.
How many meals a day can we receive?
- One meal a day. Hot meals are delivered Monday thru Thursday, and frozen meals are provided for the weekend including Friday, upon request.
Are special accommodations made for clients with allergies and sensitivities to food?
- We are unable to provide this option. If you have any food allergies or sensitivities you will have to determine if this is the right food for you.
My grandchild is staying with me, can she ride the bus to the senior center with me?
- Unfortunately, no. You must be at least 60 years of age to ride the bus.
Can my grandchild have lunch with me at the Senior Center?
- Yes, we encourage family members to join our Seniors for lunch. The cost for all non-senior visitors is $7.00 per person.