751 E 100 N
Price, UT 84501
RURAL COUNTY GRANT
The Carbon County Rural County Grant Program (RCGP) is designed to address the economic development needs of Carbon County, which may include:
- business recruitment, development, and expansion;
- workforce training and development; and,
- infrastructure and capital facilities improvements for business development.
Carbon County has grant funds for potential projects. A dollar for dollar (50/50) match is required. Cash and/or in-kind matches will be considered. Average requested awards will be between $1,000 and $10,000, though larger grant requests up to $50,000 may be considered. Eligible applicants include the following:
- for-profit businesses;
- non-profit organizations; and,
- local government entities.
All applicants must be located in Carbon County. Examples of eligible grant projects include, but are not limited to:
- affordable housing developments (excluding single (1) home construction);
- infrastructure development (housing and commercial);
- new commercial building construction and/or existing commercial building expansion;
- new or upgraded equipment and/or machinery;
- value-added agriculture expansion; and,
- new or uncommon industry investments.
The following projects/expenses are ineligible for the RCGP:
- project area is not located in Carbon County;
- short-term payroll, utility, or other operating expenses; project does not provide business development, job creation or economic incentive to Carbon County;
- project is not current on property taxes, has an invalid/unapproved business license or conditional use permit, or is in violation of any other applicable federal, state or local rule, regulation or requirement.
Upon submission of the application, the pre-qualified applicant will be required to present the project to the County Economic Development (CED) Board in order to be awarded funding. Applicants must submit the following documentation with the application:
- current W-9;
- business license issued by Carbon County or local municipality (if applicable);
- documentation of matching funds;
- IRS determination letter (nonprofits only),
- request for confidentiality form; and,
- letter of support from the municipality representative.
Grant Application Schedule and Submission Details:
Consideration for funding will rotate through three cycles:
Cycle 1) Applicants who apply between October 1, 2022 and November 30, 2022 will be considered for funding in December.
Cycle 2) Applicants who apply between December 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023 will be considered for funding in February.
Cycle 3) Applicants who apply between February 1, 2023 and March 31, 2023 will be considered for funding in April.
Please note that those who apply early have a better chance of receiving funding.
Applications are to be submitted to Carbon County Economic Development in one (1) of the following ways:
1. Via this Online Form
2. Complete the PDF Form, print and deliver via USPS Mail or in person:
Carbon County Economic Development
751 East 100 North, Suite 2600
Price, UT 84501
Grant Approval Process
Applicants will be required to attend and present at a CED Board Meeting before final approval will be given. The CED Board meetings are the third Thursday of each month at 3:00pm (subject to change if a quorum is not in attendance).
Grant Reporting Requirements
Reporting Requirements Reporting criteria will be in coordination with the business but will require criteria including; jobs created, development progression, and overall business status over the duration of the project. Project must adhere to the timeline as presented to the CED Board. Projects will be required to report to the CED Board after completion of the project and one (1) year after completion date.
Questions and Contact Information
Shanny Wilson, Carbon County Economic Development & Tourism Director
Phone: 435-636-3295 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"*" indicates required fields