751 E 100 N
Price, UT 84501
Planning & Zoning
Zone Change Application
A meeting with County staff can determine if your proposed project meets zoning requirements for the area. If not and you decide to petition for a zone district change, please use the following procedure:
- Determine the zone which is most compatible with your proposed project.
- Complete the attached request to include the reasons for your request. The Planning Commission will only consider requests when accompanied by a full description of the project, a concept plan, and expected impacts to the area or neighborhood.
- Include a complete legal description of the property to be re-zoned and site map of parcel to be rezoned.
- Pay a fee to the County of $300.00.(Per Carbon County Ordinance 521)
- The Deadline for submission of the above application and fees is three weeks prior to the first Tuesday of each month, when the Planning Commission meets.
- A State required public hearing will be placed on the agenda and a public notice will be advertised in the local newspaper a minimum of 10 days prior to the hearing. You will be billed for the advertisement.
- Prior to the public hearing, staff will assist you in notifying all adjacent land owners of the hearing by mail. Documentation of the notification must be in your file.
- After consideration at a regular meeting, the Planning Commission will make a recommendation to the County Commission, who makes the final determination. In some cases the Planning Commission makes a recommendation against the zone change. You still have a right to go before the County Commission for a final determination
- This application in no way represents an approval.