Dogs are chipped upon arrival. Chipping available upon request to anyone.
Leave a voicemail
HOW TO GET MY PET CHIPPED?
First is to establish that your pet is of 3 months of age and over 3 lbs(special Cirumstances contact Animal Shelter). If your pet meets that criteria come to the shelter to fill out necessary paperwork for registering the chip and pay. While you fill paper work we will work hard at keeping your pet comfortable and getting them chipped. It is a quick process and will take about 10-15 min.
Chipping allows your pet to be easily identifiable. Collar tags aren’t always reliable and can go missing in some cases. Tattooing can become illegible over time, but a microchip number is for life. It can provide a number of benefits:
- Permanent pet identification
- A better chance of recovering your lost pet
- A voice for your pet when you can’t be there
- Can keep a record of all of your pet information for when you can't remember
Is it painful for my animal?
- Chipping is not painful. It is a very fast and causes minimal pain(as much as a shot). It requires no anesthetic and is a small injection between the shoulder blades. Your dogs should not feel it after it has been injected and is a very human way of keeping your animal safe.
Does it track my Pet?
- It does not track your pet. It is a permanent identification tool.
How much does it cost?
- It cost $20.00 to have your pet chipped.
What kind of pets can I have chipped?
- We can chip dogs and cats. (contact the shelter for special circumstances)