Delinquent Tax Sale Date
The delinquent tax sale is held around the middle of May each year in the Commission Chambers.
The property listings are available 30 days before the tax sale. The public notice will be posted in the legal sections of the local newspaper, in the County Administration Building and on the County website. The public notice will include the date, time and location of the auction as well as a contact for additional information.
Parcel and Auction Information
The Public Notice contains the following information on each delinquent parcel:
- Parcel Number
- Address of parcel if available (If the address is not listed the property is just ground and does not have a mailing address).
- Total Acres
- Name of Current Property Owner
- The required minimum bid which includes the Taxes owed, Penalty, Interest and Administrative costs.
Properties may be redeemed up to the time of the sale. Once the sale has started in the open auction the properties will be sold to the highest bidder.
Bidders are required to complete an “Application to Bid” form in the Clerk's office. Once completed a bidder number will be issued.
The opening bid must include the Taxes, Penalties, Interest and Administrative costs. The Treasurer’s Office will collect the successful bid and the recording fee up to 5:00 p.m. on the day of the auction. Payment must be made in cash or certified funds.
This is a “Buyer Beware” sale. Research the property before bidding. All sales are final.
Copy Link||141.55 KB|
Copy Link||123.18 KB|
Copy Link||46 KB|
Copy Link||137.12 KB|
Copy Link||28.27 KB|
Copy Link||42 KB|
Copy Link||116.01 KB|
Copy Link||114.84 KB|
Copy Link||201.71 KB|
Copy Link||53 KB|
Do I need to register to bid on properties?
- Yes, on the day of the scheduled tax sale, please complete the bidders form in the Clerk's Office prior to the auction time.
Can I purchase a property after the auction date if no bids were received the day of the tax sale??
- Please check with the Clerk’s Office after the auction date.
Can I purchase more than one property at the auction?
If someone doesn’t pay for the parcel they win at the auction, is it available to purchase?
- Please check with the Clerk’s Office.