Emergency Preparedness is Important!
Carbon County Emergency Management Offers the following Training and course upon request
Leave a voicemail
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
Can I join the team?
Yes you can in just three (3) steps:
Forms are in pdf format
- Download and fill out the Training Application Form for the Class Based, Basic Training Course (PDF)
- Complete the Web Base Introduction to CERT Course
- The purpose of this course is to help you prepare for the classroom-based CERT Basic Training course that may be available in your community. This web-based training (WBT) includes many practices useful for dealing with emergencies that may occur in non-disaster situations. The classroom-based training (CBT) includes many additional skills and protocols you can learn through demonstration and hands-on practice in the classroom. Once you successfully complete the CBT, you will be an actual CERT member and will be trained to deal with emergencies that may occur in real disaster situations..
- Each participant after completing the web based course will take an online final exam. You will need to print the certificate upon completion and email the certificate to: Region6CERT@carbon.utah.gov or bring it to the class based training.
- Last step is to successfully participate your Local Class Based Training
COMPLETED FORMS may be emailed to: region6CERT@carbon.utah.gov, faxed to (435) 636-3741, or delivered/mailed to Carbon County EMS Director 751 East 100 North, Price, UT 84501.
Active Shooter Awareness and Planning Classes
The County offers training for businesses where a representative comes to you to train employees how to plan out your space and raise awareness on what to do if an active shooter scenario unfolds.
This training can also include an evaluation of your facility, office, or common spaces to identify vulnerable areas, safe zones and how to better layout and manage your space.
If you are interested in arranging a training, please call or email the Emergency Management team to schedule.
National Incident Management Trainings
Courses Available (ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, ICS-800, ICS-300, ICS400)