The Carbon County Senior Center provides safe, efficient, accessible, and courteous transportation to those 60 years and older.
East Carbon Center
451 Denver Ave
East Carbon City, UT 84520
Mon - Thurs, 8am to 4pm
Carbon County Senior Bus Guidelines
- There is a suggested donation of $1.00 when riding the bus.
- Riders must remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop and are instructed by the driver to disembark.
- Riders must call by 9am if they need a ride. If the bus fails to pick up a rider who has called in advance the bus will come back and pick the rider up.
- Riders must stay at the address given for pick up. The bus driver will not look for you.
- Appointments need to be called in ahead of time. (When notifying the center of an appointment please indicate if you are in a wheelchair as extra time is required for drop off and pick up.) It is appreciated if you can give at least two days prior notice. One days notice is acceptable. If the bus is full we may not be able to accommodate everyone. Doctor appointments will be given first priority.
- (Appointments need to be made between 8:30am and 11am When making afternoon appointments, keep in mind that the bus may be able to get you there but may not be available to pick you up.) It is best to keep afternoon appointments between 1:30pm and 2:30pm
- Grocery shopping is on Thursdays. We alternate between Smith’s, Lin's, and Walmart, check the calendar to see which store is on any given Thursday. If you leave the grocery store you need to be back for pick up at the time given by the bus driver. The bus driver will not go looking for you.
- There is a limit on the amount of groceries allowed on the bus. Absolutely NO CASES of anything. Try to keep your groceries to no more than four (4) bags.
- Be courteous to other passengers. Keep in mind that not everyone shares your views on politics and religion.
- No one under the age of sixty (60) years will be allowed on the bus unless there is prior approval from the director.
- Please be considerate of the bus driver.